before & after: the teal Tell City chair

Wooohooo!  I finally started getting my hands dirty (or is it painty?) and dove into my first project.  It was kind of a big one too.. sanding, priming, painting, glazing, and reupholstering.  Yup, I did it all.  :)

after:

before:

I started off by lightly sanding the entire chair.

Then I gave the chair a thin coat of primer.

After the primer dried the chair was painted a beautiful teal blue color.


The entire chair was antique glazed in black.

Lastly, I reupholstered the seat in Waverly Pom Pom Play in Confetti.




Wow!  What a difference. I LOVE it! I didn't know I had all of that in me.  It's a good thing I do, because I have six other chairs waiting for me in the basement.  Back to work.  :)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!! The color and the fabric are amazing together!! Great work. I am your newest follower. Stop by sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute. Love the whimsical fabric. If you get a chance link up here:
    http://www.decoratinginsanity.com/2012/03/furniture-friday-7-and-link-party.html
    xo...mONICa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color + pretty fabric = beautiful chair! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blogged about your beautiful chair today on my chair Pinspiration post. I hope you will come and check it out! http://missdiymonster.blogspot.com

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete